Thursday, March 19th, 7:00 – 9:45 pm
Groundtruths: A Lesson in Modern Leadership
In The Duncan Anderson Design Department Gallery at California State University, Long Beach
6241 East University Drive, Long Beach, CA 90815
Park in the Foundation Lot across from the Design Department main entrance – $5
A creative and highly interactive look at how U.S. Special Operations type Forces succeed worldwide…through Teamwork, Leadership and Communication (TLC). This lecture is for anyone interested in the reality of modern leadership and business. The lecture will be filled with examples of TLC and a case study of a real world combat deployment.
- USMC 26+ years. Attained highest enlisted rank E-9/Master Gunnery Sergeant. Highly decorated, dynamic and successful leader.
- 21+ Years US Marine Corps Reconnaissance experience.
- Educated in Military Free Fall operations, Military Diving Operations, Scout/Sniper Operations and Reconnaissance and Surveillance Operations.
- 12 Worldwide deployments. Each deployment ranged from 6 months to 10 months outside the U.S.
- 4 Combat deployments. Served 22 months in Iraq and 7 months in Afghanistan.
- Deployed to 40+ countries in Asia, South America, and the Middle East. Worked with foreign militaries, para-military organizations and law enforcement units.
Served at all levels of command.