Gianninoto Graduate Scholarship
IDSA’s Gianninoto Graduate Scholarship was originally established with a $25,000 contribution by the late Francesco Gianninoto, FIDSA, a US package designer who was a founder of the Package Design Council and president of Gianninoto Associates from 1932 to 1983. Two of his most famous designs were the Marlboro cigarette package (mid-1950s) and “Elsie Daisy,” the Borden Cow. Gianninoto was an honorary professor at Western Connecticut State University, where he taught communication through design.
This year IDSA will offer one Gianninoto Graduate Scholarship in 2012. The recipient will receive a $1,500 award to be used in the completion of degree work. Awards are based solely on the excellence of the work students have submitted.
- Applicants shall be in their final year of study in an undergraduate industrial design program and currently applying to graduate school or a student currently enrolled in an industrial design graduate program. Applicants in these categories must be a member of an IDSA student chapter.
- Applicants who are practicing professionals applying to return to graduate school must be a current member of IDSA.
Design Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship
IDSA, through the Design Foundation, a public charity supporting design education, grants an undergraduate scholarship that recognizes excellence in student studies and work. The recipient will receive a $1,500 award to be used in the completion of industrial design degree work in the 2012-2013 school year. Awards will be based solely on the excellence of the work students have submitted.
- The applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student and pursuing an industrial design degree.
- At the time of application applicants must have completed their freshman year of college, have at least one semester of undergraduate studies remaining prior to graduation and must be earning a “B” or better cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must be a student member of IDSA.
- Scholarship awards will only be awarded to an undergraduate student one time. Once an applicant has been awarded an undergraduate scholarship they are ineligible to apply again even if they currently still meet the application criteria.